Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hymn - Family of God

This hymn expresses very well what the Family of God is all about. The hymn was written by the Gaithers.

The Family of God

(1) I'm so glad I'm a part
of the family of God-
I've been washed in the fountain,
cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus
as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family,
the family of God.

(2) You will notice we say "brother
and sister" 'round here-
It's because we're a family
and these folks are so near;
When one has a heartache
we all share the tears,
And rejoice in each victory
In this family so dear.

(3) From the door of an orphanage
to the house of the King-
No longer an outcast,
a new song I sing;
From rags unto riches,
from the weak to the strong,
I'm not worthy to be here,
But, praise God, I belong!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe I first learned this song at Les and Mildred's house in West Seattle. Fond memories.....
It is a wonderful song!