I was tagged by the Headmistress at the Common Room with a new meme that she made up. Here goes.
1. How many meals does most of your family eat at home each week? HOw many are in your family?
21 meals; six people. Two of them eat lunches at work and they brown bag it.
2. How many cookbooks do you own?
15 or so.
3. How often do you refer to a cookbook each week?
Just about every day.
4. Do you collect recipes from other sources? If so, what are some of your favorite sources (relatives, friends, magazines, advertisements, packages, the internet, etc)
I collect other recipes from various places - pretty much all of the mentioned. I try to keep the collecting to a minimum because I don't use them very often.
5. How do you store those recipes?
I have a couple of three ring binders for them (one for cake decorating & desserts and another for everything else.)
6. When you cook, do you follow the recipe pretty closely, or do you use recipes primarily to give you ideas?
I follow it pretty closely, making some substitutions where necessary.
7. Is there a particular ethnic style or flavor that predominates in your cooking? If so, what is it?
Eclectic American then Mexican.
8. What's your favorite kitchen task related to meal planning and preparation? (eating the finished product does not count)
I don't really like any of it. I sometimes like to prepare a new recipe.
9. What's your least favorite part?
Planning the menu
10. Do you plan menus before you shop?
11. What are your three favorite kitchen tools or appliances?
My cutco chefs knife
12. If you could buy one new thing for your kitchen, money was no object, and space not an issue, what would you most like to have?
Not sure - maybe a double oven for those special occasions that one isn't quite enough.
13. Since money and space probably are objects, what are you most likely to buy next?
14. Do you have a separate freezer for storage?
15. Grocery shop alone or with others?
16. How many meatless main dish meals do you fix in a week??
Maybe 1 - it used to be a lot more, but hubby likes the meat.
17. If you have a decorating theme in your kitchen, what is it? Favorite kitchen colors?
Sunflowers - Bright Yellow and green. I don't really have much wall space for decorating.
18. What's the first thing you ever learned to cook, and how old were you?
Hamburger Helper - I was about 13. I also made a pie in Jr. Home Ec.
19. How did you learn to cook?
I really didn't learn to cook until after I was married - mostly self taught.
20. Tag two other people to play.
I tag Redding Mountain and Javamom