I was tagged by Merry at Beth Spera in Domino with this quiz. I tag Javamom, Mama Squirrel and Plant Lover. I look forward to reading your answers.
1. How many hours a day do you spend reading?
About 1 (not counting reading children's school books with them).
2. How fast do you read?
Not real fast but not slow either - I haven't timed myself
3. What is your favorite book?
In His Steps by Charles Sheldon
4. Who is your favorite author?
I don't have a favorite - I like Tolkein, Austen, and Dorothy Gilman plus many others.
5. What is your favorite action/adventure novel?
6. What is your favorite mystery novel?
The Mrs. Pollifax novels by Dorothy Gilman
7. What is your favorite romance novel?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
8. What is your favorite character novel?
Deer Slayer by James Fenimore Cooper
9. What is your favorite fantasy/sci-fi novel?
The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien.
10. What is your favorite history book?
11. What is your favorite biography?
Barbara Bush's Memoirs by Barbara Bush
12. What is your favorite other non-fiction book?
Best Friends for Life by Michael & Judy Phillips or
Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Phillip Yancy
13. What is your favorite play?
Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare
14. What is your favorite of the genres mentioned in questions 5-12?
15. What is your favorite type of character?
Strong, full of integrity and great morals
16. If you could host a party with 7 literary characters, who would they be and why?
Miss Marple of Agatha Christie fame because she is logical and wise; Aragorn because of his integrity; Mrs. Pollifax because of her sense of humor and she just seems like she would be fun to be around; Elizabeth Bennet because of her sharpness of wit; Sam from Lord of the Rings because of his loyalty and I am not sure who else I would like to meet - maybe Merlin from The Once and Future King - just to keep things interesting.
17. Do you like film adaptations of books? If so, which is your favorite? Which is your least?
Yes! I like A&E's Pride and Prejudice and I am not sure which I least liked.
18. Who is your literary role model?
Don't have one
19. Which literary house would you like most to live in?
20. Which literary couple would you like most for parents?
21. Pick 3 literary characters you would like to have as siblings.
Lizzie Bennet, Charles Bingley, Aragorn or Faramir
22. Who is your favorite literary villain?Favorite as in most wellwritten?
23. Name a character that most people dislike, but that you do not. Why do you like them?
24. Which minor character deserves a book all to themselves, in your opinion?
None are coming to mind right now
25. Which character do you identify most with in literature?
Elizabeth Bennet (sometimes snippy and misjudge people)
26. If you could go into a novel, which one would it be and why?
I am not sure.
27. Do you prefer hardback or paperback?
Paperback for reading, but hardback for buying.
28. Do you like dustcovers?
I don't mind the mylar library ones - but don't like the regular paper ones.
29. Do you like introductions, forwards, afterwards, and appendices?
30. Do you like reading literary criticism?
31. Do you like new or used books? What about ex-library?
32. Are you likely to buy new books without having read them, or would you buy a used copy (or check it out from the library) to see if it is good or not?
I rarely buy a new book, unless it is unavailable otherwise.
33. Name 3 - 7 books that you rarely see on people's favorite book lists, that are high on your own.
34. Which is your least favorite book of those that are considered "classics"?
Wuthering Heights - utterly depressing
35. Do you like books read aloud, or do you prefer silent reading?
36. When you read, do you see things in your mind like a movie, or just in vague pictures?
37. Do you like to read in silence, or with backround noise/music?
I prefer silence
38. Can you read in the car without getting carsick?
39. Do you go to booksales?
40. Name one literary quirk of yours.
I don't know of any