Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Parenting 101 part 1

We started attending a class on parenting at the congregation we are visiting. I must admit that I was skeptical about the class when I heard the subject, after all I have read just about every book there is on parenting and need to implement what I have already learned. Well, I must say that the class turned out to be very encouraging and challenging and I am very glad that I attended. Some main points covered: 1) Positive parenting begins with positive clear-cut objectives. Have your target in mind! Parent with focus and not with fear. The world's dream for your child is that they be "happy" and God's dream is that they be "holy". Holiness is the only way to achieve true happiness. 2) Positive parenting demands we practice what we preach (ouch!) Modeling: BE what you want them to BECOME. I look forward to the upcoming weeks in this class.

No comments: